Striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman to my sweet husband and my growing family.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Oma and Opa came to visit

Since Oma and Opa decided to visit during the holidays we decided to wait for them to get our tree. The girls were so excited to have Oma and Opa here and it made getting ready for Christmas so much more special. The girls had fun running around looking at the different Christmas trees and at the end they all got candy canes. After we brought our tree home I lugged out all the decorations and enjoyed all my little helpers this year. Claire and Grace put up all the ornaments (with some Oma help) this year. The girls enjoyed looking at all the Christmas books and putting up the nativity set while I baked the Kruis almond cookies. I have been baking these for the holidays for the last 7 years and they are always a big hit. Last year Claire was old enough to help me decorate them but this year Gracie was ready to help. I couldn't frost the cookies fast enough for those girls. We finished in record time. Oma and Opa were able to be here for our church's candlelight service. This is extra special because all the kids perform Christmas songs. This year Claire and Grace were up on stage together singing "Away in the Manger". They were so sweet up on stage singing their hearts out. The girls were so sad to see their grandparents leave. 
My Claire is growing up too fast.

My sweet girls

Look at them run towards those trees

We found our tree




Oma and my sweet Luke

Love this cuddle picture of Daddy and Hannie

They were so excited about their candy canes

I love her ears in the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment