Striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman to my sweet husband and my growing family.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was spent at my parent's new home in Aledo this year. The girls had a blast eating yummy food, playing with my Aunt Virginia's cute doggy (Chi spies), and being held by all the family. Before the meal, my dad talked about what he was thankful for, mainly being able to make the move from California to Texas to be with his family. He reminded us of how the Puritans came to this country to escape religious persecution in England. They founded this country on Christian principles and lived their lives in submission to the bible. He then read us a prayer written by the Puritans and I wanted to share it on this blog. 
Praise and Thanksgiving
O my God,

Thou fairest, greatest, first of all objects, my heart admires, adores, loves thee, for my little vessel is as full as it can be, and I would pour out all that fullness before thee in ceaseless flow. 

When I think upon and converse with thee ten thousand delightful thoughts spring up, ten thousand sources of pleasure are unsealed, ten thousand refreshing joys spread over my heart, crowding into every moment of happiness.

I bless thee for the soul thou hast created, for adorning it, sanctifying it, though it is fixed in barren soil; for the body thou has given me, for preserving its strength and vigour, for providing senses to enjoy delights, for the ease and freedom of my limbs, for hands, eyes, ears that do thy bidding; for thy royal bounty providing my daily support, for a full table and overflowing cup, for appetite, taste, sweetness, for social joys of relatives and friends, for ability to serve others, for a heart that feels sorrows and necessities, for a mind to care for my fellow-men, for opportunities of spreading happiness around, for loved ones in the joys of heaven, for my own expectation of seeing thee clearly. I love thee above the powers of language to express, for what thou art to thy creatures. 

Increase my love, O my God, through time and eternity.

(From a book called, The Valley of Vision A collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions)

Grandma Zepeda, J, Claire, BB, Gracie, Aunt Julia, Uncle Mikey

BB and Gracie eating 

Aunt Ysa holding Hannah

Playing with Papi's 3D TV

It's a blurry picture of Claire being silly

Claire playing doctor with a doctor (her Uncle Mike)

Claire and her Aunt Julia

My cousin Mimi, Hannah, and me

My cousin Mimi's fiance, Dindo, and Gracie

Hannah Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment