Striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman to my sweet husband and my growing family.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Encouragement

During my quiet time this morning I read a verse in Exodus 4:11 where God is talking to Moses and says, " Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? These type of verses always strike me because they remind me that God is in control of all things, not just the happy positive moments but in control of all of the moments of suffering. For me, there is comfort in knowing that God is sovereign over all of his creation and over all the suffering we go through in this life. Every time I am tempted to question why God has allowed something to happen in my life I remind myself that he is sovereign and good, and I have no right to question his decisions for my life. In line with this thinking I read this morning in Isaiah verses that talk about God's choices in our lives and how we have no right to criticize him.

Isaiah 45:5-7
I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Isaiah 45:9
"Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?' or 'Your work has no handles'?

Isaiah 45:11-12
Thus says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and the one who formed him: "Ask me of things to come; will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands? I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.

What a mighty God we serve! I know God is good and I want to love and serve him joyfully when my life is going great and when my life seems to be falling apart at the seams. "The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment